Thursday, August 15, 2013

Aulani ~ Messenger of a chief

Well, today was quite an interesting one. 

It started off pretty early when I woke up around 6 due to jet lag, and started off smoothly as we got ready for the day. Things took a turn though as we were leaving the hotel for a full day of planned activites. Unfortunately, there is a railing with wide gaps in it on the walkway, and I dropped my phone down through the gap from the fourth floor aaaallll the way down to the bottom floor onto the hard, cold tile when trying to put it into my purse. I ran down the stairs to it, and was completely shocked when I saw that it had not shattered since iPhones are notorious for shattering. 

About 10 minutes later I decided to check my phone to look up something, only to find that it would not turn on at all. After taking the case off, I could see that the front display was separating from the phone. We then had to find a Verizon store, only to be told that they don't fix this sort of thing and are redirected to the Apple Store. After waiting for about an hour, they tell us that the repairs that needed to be done to the insides of my phone, would be quite expensive and that it would be more beneficial to just get a new phone. So we then go back to Verizon and I went ahead and instead of paying for the costly repairs, spent the money, and upgraded from my 4S. Say hello to my iPhone 5 ❤.



After a few hours of dealing with the phone, we could finally get on with our plans and first up was Disney's Aulani Resort. This resort is so beautiful and was such a wonderful place to be. As we were walking around, we ran into these two friendly faces :)

These gorgeous plumerias scatter the resort.

We then explored the resort for about 3 hours and it is absolutely beautiful there! It feels good to be on Disney property again so far away from home. All of the cast members were so welcoming and very helpful. We even had the chance to go out onto the rocks at the beach and see these weird jumping crabs!



Got some beautiful panorama pictures


 And also stopped on the comfiest sofa/chair things for a rest.






After Aulani, we decided to just drive up Ferrington Freeway, toward the West Shore for a bit of sight seeing. Here are some pictures...

                                      




Saw a random peacock and mongoose along the way!

We even ventured into a sacred cave in the Kaneana Start Park called the Kaneana Cave. Legend has it that the Shark-Man, Kaneana, reigned from this cave, and is also where the locals believe mankind was born, emerging from the womb of the earth goddess. 

This beautiful sunset was the ending to our day, and reminds me of the Florida sunsets and all of you back home :)






No comments:

Post a Comment