Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Mokihana ~ The official flower of the Island of Kauai

Boy, was today one hectic one! 
We first woke up and went BACK to campus center to pick up my ID after yesterday.... and it was then time to move in to my dorm! 

We kind of got lost on our way to check in, and once we found where we needed to be, there was a huuuuuuge line of cars waiting to check in as well. The whole process went really smoothly though, because there were tons of student volunteers who pretty much did everything for us. They picked up and brought our room info and keys to us in our cars, they helped us unload everything from the car, and then came with these giant rolling bins for all of our luggage/items. They then took us to our room, and finally unloaded the bins for us. There are also shuttles that run to and from the parking structure and the towers, which is very helpful. I am on the fourth floor of the Hale Aloha Mokihana Tower, and although I was hoping for a higher floor at first, I don't mind my location anymore :) The only problem with being pretty close to the ground is that I can hear everything happening outside including two individuals who are currently having a horn battle and are just constantly honking their horns one after the other at 10:00 at night... Real mature.

After we dropped off all of my things to my room, we headed off to Walmart (which has it's own parking garage attached to it, might I add) to pick up some necessities that I still needed. My roommate isn't moving in for a few more days, so I have the room to myself for the time being, which works out good because the current state of my dorm room is quite a mess. All of my stuff is kind of just everywhere due to lack of time today. The size of the room is quite decent also, which surprised me. I assumed i'd be in a tiny cube, but it is a good sized room! We came back to the room after shopping and stopping to get lunch at Subway, and dropped off the stuff, and then I had to get changed and ready for another day of band camp. Today was good, we learned the drill for the entire pre-game show which was weird because I am used to standing in a block for pre-game, but its cool! We finished about forty-five minutes early, which is always nice when it comes to marching band :) I will continue to work on the organization of my room these next two days, so stay tuned for pictures of the finished product :)

No comments:

Post a Comment