Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Paʻahana ~ Busy

Hello all!

Today was one of my busiest days since arriving to the island, and it was exhausting!

Alarm went off at 7:00 to get showered and ready for the day. First up was Biology from 8:30-9:20 which was fine, we talked about cells and the basics of Biology. I then had to call the advising office during my 10 minute break until my next class and was put on hold for a bit, once that was over with and the appointment was set up, I walked to my Biology Lab which was from 9:30-12:00, and due to my phone call, I ended up getting there right at 9:30 and was the last person in the room, without a seat, so I had to pull up a chair on the end of one of the lab tables. That was a really long and boooring two and a half hours because she literally talked on and on and on about little things that should only take 2 minutes to explain. 

Once we were let out, I had 30 minutes until my next class, so I walked to the campus center and got Subway, which I couldn't eat because the line was quite long and I had to get right to my next class. This class was Oceanography, which was really interesting today! We discussed the origins of the earth, and I know that I am really going to enjoy that class :)

After this, I had to make the 20 minute walk back to my dorm to pick up my things for band practice later on that night, so I got to my room, FINALLY ate my Subway for about 15 minutes, and then I was off on the 20 minute walk again to go to a meeting with my advisor in the building right next to the class I had just finished. That meeting was at 2:30 and went well. I learned a lot of really helpful, useful information about my gen. eds. and requirements for my major, and am all on track with my schedule. I then stopped at the bookstore really quick to pick up a few school supplies and was then off to band practice. Practice went from 3:45 to 6:00 and was tiring because we were really working hard the game tomorrow.

I just went back to my dorm to change a few minutes, and I am now sitting in the dining hall, like yesterday, eating and writing about my day. :) After this, I have a floor meeting tonight at 8:00, so I will have an update on this post after that is over. My first college game is tomorrow and I am super excited!! :) I have missed football games and cannot wait to get back into the swing of things, although marching in front of 30,000 people, and being nationally televised puts a bit of pressure on us to do well! Wow. It makes me happy that my family back home is going to get to watch me on TV, from so far away. :) 

~~~~

Okay guys, I am now back from my floor meeting and it was good. All of the people that showed up seem really nice, and I'm excited to get to know some of them :) Turns out I might have termites in my room...but we have confirmation that they are not bed bugs, like we first though. What a relief!! 

Good night, everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment