Friday, August 30, 2013

ʻĒ ~ Different

Good morning!

Today I am going to be trying a new style of writing, instead of recapping my whole day at the end of the night, I am going to write about my day as it happens, so here we goooo!


8:04am

I am currently sitting in my 8:30 Biology lecture, waiting for the professor to arrive and for class to start. Getting up this morning was very hard because of my day yesterday, and my feet are still in a bit of pain, but it isn't unbearable. They just ache. Well, class is going to start soon so I'll talk to you during my next activity!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


9:39am

I'm out of class and have a two and a half hour break now, so I went to the bookstore and bought a lab manual that I needed for my Chemistry lab and I am now in line for some breakfast at Starbucks! Yum :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


10:12am

Well, Starbucks did not have what I wanted, so I just got some tea from there and then came back to my room and had a tangerine and some Ritz crackers for breakfast and now I am sitting here and I am going to watch an episode of LOST before I have to leave for my next class around 12:00 which is Oceanography, yay! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


12:15pm

Goodness, the amount of money that college students (on budgets) are forced to pay is absolutely outrageous. I just watched a girl pay almost $900 for about 4 textbooks, and I just paid about $450 for three textbooks and my lab manual as well. Something needs to be done about textbook prices. It is ridiculous. I am not sitting in my Oceanography class waiting for it to start. Today we are discussing the history of Oceanography and the Polynesian voyaging today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


1:45pm

I'm back in my room now, and I can easily say that Oceanography is turning out to be my favorite class this semester. We've only had three classes, and I love it! Right now I am getting some homework done before I have to go to the music building, because instead of practice today, we are taking a full band picture. And you know what that means? Lugging my heavy uniform aaaalllll the way there and back again! As if yesterday wasn't enough :( at least I'm getting my exercise in though, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


3:28pm

I have made it to the music building for our pictures. These uniforms are so hot🔥 I'm literally in an oven right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


4:53pm

Pictures are done and I am now getting ready to make the long walk back to my dorm yet again. This walk gets easier each day, but it is still a very long walk, and I'm already over it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


7:10pm

It's been a while since I've talked to you, but after pictures, I walked back to the dorms with my new friend, Alyssa who lives a few doors down from me, and we were planning on going to this food truck event for dinner, but the theme was pork and neither of us were big on pork so we then decided to hop on the bus to Waikiki, and   We found this Hawaiian restaurant that looked good, so we went in but saw nothing that we wanted, and guess what I did. I left my nice, reusable water bottle in the restaurant :((( So in the past 24 hours, I have left both my favorite flip flops and my favorite water bottle in places I've been. Apparently, I need to keep track of my belongings better.
We then just walked along the touristy part of Waikiki where all of the restaurants and shops are and found this really popular place called Cheeseburger in Paradise. We are here now and it is so cool! And the food is reeeaaalllyyy good. Can ya guess what I got? Grilled Cheese  and boy, is it good! The butter that is used to grill it is a pineapple butter, so it created this pineapple-y glaze on the outside of the bread. Yum!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8:30pm
Hey, we are now waiting at the bus stop for the bus to come that takes us back to campus and just getting to know each other and see what it is like back home. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


8:55pm

I'm back in my room, and I have it to myself for the weekend because my roommates boyfriend is visiting, so that's cool! This is going to be my first weekend in college, and it is a three day one, I have no clue what I'm going to do, except for homework....blahhh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


9:28pm

I'm sitting in bed continuing my reading on the book Matched , and it is getting really good! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


11:43pm

Okay, well that's it for me everyone. I know that it is not even midnight yet, and here I am going to bed like the boring college student that I am, but this has been a long day and I'm tired. I hope you enjoyed this different type of writing style. I'm not sure what tomorrow's will be like, but I just wanted to try something new and different from what I've done these past two weeks. Again, hope you enjoyed and I'll talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment