Sunday, November 10, 2013

ʻElelūs, Kinipōpō hīnaʻi, a Wai hālanas ~ Cockroaches, Basketball and Floods!

Well, today was interesting.

I was woken up at 6:00 by my roommate who had track practice, which wasn't her fault, I was just so tired after going to sleep so late. I slept a little bit longer, and then was woken again when she got back and started packing her suitcase. Since it is a long weekend, she is going home again.

As she was packing, a very large cockroach crawled out of her suitcase, and she started screaming! It was hilarious! We finally squished the thing and cleaned it up, but it was quite the scene. :)

Once she left, I lied down for a bit longer, before getting up for good. 

The middle of the day was pretty boring for me, it has been raining all day so the mood was very gloomy. 

On the plus side, I got a care package from my parents! It was more of a snack package, though :) They sent tons of granola bars, pretzels, peanuts, almonds, popcorn, cookies and red vines! Score!

I also had to go down to theMarket and spend the rest of my meals. I got some Sun Chips, pop-tarts, cheese sticks and these protein bars I like.

So I'm stocked on snacks for quite some time! :)

At 5:30, I left to go to the Basketball game that I had to play at tonight. The time on the sheet was listed at 6:30, so I though I'd need to be there at 6:00. Well it turns out that 6:30 was the time to be there, and I was there 45 minutes early. Oh well, I got to watch the game prior to ours.

The game was very interesting! We played Western Michigan University and it was a close game! We pulled ahead though and won 78-68!

However, at one point in the game, I realized how invisible I actually am.

The flutes were sitting next to the saxophones, and I was on the end of the flutes. So after half time, the guy I was sitting next to was eating his nachos, and offered me some because he was full; I kindly declined. He then proceeds to ask me if I've been in band all year, I said "Yes, I've been here the whole time." He then says, "Really? sorry, but I've never seen you before."

I just thought to myself, wow. If my light blonde hair in a sea of 250 kids with black hair is not easy to spot, then like I said; I'm invisible. It's not like I'm one to strive to be the center of attention by any means, I just couldn't believe I had never been seen before. 

Oh well! It's not like I'm not already used to it; being the shy one. 

Anyways, it was still raining outside, it literally hasn't stopped all night, and as soon as I got back to my dorm after the game which was around 10:45, it started absolutely pouring rain and is still going! I have yet to see it rain this much since I've been in Hawaii. It is bad.

I even got a notification on my phone from the local alert station that there are flash flood warnings until 1:30am. That is kind of nerve-wracking because after the experiences I had with flash floods in California with my family, they are scary.

And that was my day!
I'm not sure if I'll do anything tomorrow, I'd like to but if it is raining all day, I don't know if that will work out. We'll see!

I'll talk to you all then!
Goodnight <3`

No comments:

Post a Comment