Friday, November 29, 2013

Hau'oli La Ho'omakika' ~ Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, today was Thanksgiving!


I woke up this morning and went off to the theaters to see Frozen, and it was really great :) I enjoyed it a lot, although I felt a bit out of place being there alone surrounded by a ton of families..

So then I came back to my dorm.

As much as I'd like to say that I ended up making up my mind of what to do tonight, I didn't.

I had received a few invites from a couple friends to celebrate with them, but for some reason, it just didn't feel right. I would've felt awkward and I honestly didn't want to physically celebrate Thanksgiving without my family.

I did however, sit down and think about all of the things that I am thankful for. We truly cannot take anything for granted, because chances are, we are more fortunate than so many others. I really wanted to do some volunteer work today such as serving meals to the homeless, but last night when I was looking places up, it was too late. You have to submit volunteer forms to most places, and they won't just let you walk in. So that was a bit disappointing, but it was nice to know that these people were getting hot meals served to them.

So although I ended up not taking the offers from friends, I decided that I wasn't going to mope around, so I went out and took a walk, just around campus. It was nice to just admire the landscape and the simplicity of things.

I was planning on going Black Friday shopping with a few friends tonight, but I ended up feeling really sick to my stomach, on the verge of throwing up. It was probably due to the Twix bar that I ate at 9:54am, along with the other junk food that I bought at the movies...oops!

So I ended up just staying in tonight, reading Insurgent, watching Gossip Girl, and actually took a nap around 7:00.

Although it wasn't the Thanksgiving I had in mind, it was an enjoyable day nonetheless.

But I hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving, and ate tons of food! :)

I'll talk to you guys tomorrow! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment