Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Kī ~ Tea

Yayy!

Today was the last Chemistry Lab for this semester! Woo!

So I woke up and walked to my lab with Amber and it was actually cold outside! We were shivering while walking! It was nicer than the blazing hot sun though! :)

In today's lab we sublimes naphthalene which is more commonly known as the smell of moth balls. We had to heat the stuff and let me tell you, it smelled absolutely disgusting in our classroom! Ew, I was like gagging. 

Also in lab, there were two groups who had their large glass dish spontaneously crack/explode which was a bit concerning. My partner and I didn't have any issues though! But hey! At least the lab ended on an exciting note  :)

After that, Amber and I went and got some lunch, and then went to our chem lecture at 12:00. 

We went back to our dorm after that and just rested before our next classes. 

My class wasn't until 3:00, which is Hawaiian Studies. Today we discussed a lot op topics such as language, crime, restoring hawaiian culture, government and other issues of the same idea. These were things that our guest speaker talked about last week and we kind of touched on those subjects in a class discussion. It was very interesting. 

I then worked from 4:30-6:00 and all I did was remove a bunch of papers from folders, and double check some information on a slreadsheet. I also realized that two of the people in the office don't know my name. One of them calls me Kaylee which isn't too bad, and the other calls me Kyle! She is a lady with a strong a accent though, so maybe she doesn't even realize it.

And then I stopped off at Starbucks to get some tea and caught the shuttle back to my dorm. There was an elderly lady on the shuttle who asked me about my drink and then proceeded to inform me about how tea grown in China is full of harmful chemicals and I shouldn't be drinking it....

Back in my dorm I watched Gossip Girl and did some more research about my upcoming college years. Fun!...

Well, that's about it for today! 
I hope it wasn't too boring! 
I'll talk to you tomorrow!
Goodnight <3

No comments:

Post a Comment