Saturday, November 23, 2013

Maka ~ Eye

Wow! This is my 100th post! Can you believe it?

Happy Aloha Friday to you all! :)

Here are a few pictures from yesterday at the movie theater that I forgot to post in that post!


OKAY! So I saw this giant eye thing and told Marisa to take my picture next to it, when all of a sudden THE EYE STARTS MOVING. It freaked me out, so instead of taking a nice picture, I took this one :)

There is me in the LEGO Movie cutout in the top center. This thing is meant for children only, as specified on the back, but I wanted my picture so I got it. However the head-hole was so tiny! Clearly my head doesn't fit, as you can see.

The Hobbit!

This is Olaf from Frozen, but he is in a grass skirt and his hips shake! <3 :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've had a great day today!

I woke up and went to Bio, and then worked from 9:30-12:00, I did things like filing, copying, scanning, and also manning the front desk. Nichole moved into one of the smaller offices within our office, so now the front desk is the student workers responsibility! It's fun :)

I had Oceanography after that, and although the normal professor is back, it wasn't too bad today. The lecture was pretty interesting; it was about the Primary Producers of the ocean.

I then worked again. Now typically on Monday/Wednesday/Friday afternoons, I only work from 1:30-2:30 but practice was cancelled today, meaning that I had nothing left for the rest of the day. So I stayed in the office until 4:00, meaning that I worked five hours today! I had tons of projects though so I kept busy the entire time. In the afternoon I had to count out graduation invitations for students who requested them and monitored the Walk-In Advising appointments. :)

I also got my first ever paycheck today which was wonderful and made my day! 

I then went back to my dorm because I had been gone from 8:00am-4:00pm! Such a long day.

Since getting back, I haven't done too much. 

I got my Thanksgiving card from my family including a rubber band bracelet that my little brother made me, which was really nice and even made me tear up a little just thinking about not being able to come home for Thanksgiving which is going to be very hard :(

So I watched some GG and ate some dinner once I got back.

Around 9:00, I went outside to check out this Fair that is going on in our dorm's courtyard. There is music, a dunk tank, raffles, and just tons of fair games. I walked around to see what was happening, and it's pretty cool, but I would guess that there are a couple hundred students down there and I couldn't deal with all of that.

I've also been reading! I have been wanting to read the Divergent series for quite a while, so I decided to buy the book on my Kindle. It was only $3.99, what a steal! I've been reading that for about an hour and a half, and it is really good so far.

And somehow it is now 12:28am and I feel like I am keeping my roommate up, when she is trying to get to sleep, so I'm going to go now!

I'll talk to you tomorrow night <3

No comments:

Post a Comment