Thursday, November 7, 2013

Piha Makahiki - Anniversary!

Today was my parents 26th wedding anniversary! Yay for them, and happy anniversary to you both! I love you both so much and wish I could've been there to say it in person! You are the most amazing parents anyone could ask for, and Molly, Jack and I are so extremely lucky to have you both there for us and supporting our decisions and dreams. Thank you for everything, and here is to wishing you another great year and many, many more to come :) <3

So this morning I got us and got ready for work from 9:00-11:30. Today I cut 150 ribbons (50 green and 100 gold) to tie up the diplomas next week! My hand hurt after cutting all of those. -_- I also worked on the programs for the graduation ceremony.

I picked up lunch and went back to my dorm to eat that before heading off to chemistry at 1:30, and then Hawaiian Studies at 3:00. Today our take home exam was due, and then during class we had a guest speaker who discussed crimes and prisons in Hawaii, and how it is worth going to jail if you are standing up for your rights as a Hawaiian. It was kind of odd, but interesting.

I worked again from 4:30-6:00, in which I did nothing work-related. They didn't have anything for me to work on so I just did some homework.

Once I got off, I decided to go pick up some dinner from the sandwich shop. So I order my sandwich, a ham and provolone sandwich on ciabatta bread with no mayonnaise or vegetables. As she was making that I went over and picked up a bag of original Sun Chips, which proved to be a very smart decision.

I go back and pick up my sandwich, pay for my food and walk to catch the shuttle. It was about 6:10 at this point and I don't feel comfortable walking back through the dark empty campus at night. The shuttle pulled up right as I got there and I got back to my dorm at 6:15.

I was so hungry and was super excited to eat my sub! I open it up and see green stuff sticking out of it...so I peel the bread back and what do I find?? SAUERKRAUT, PICKLES, CARROTS AND MAYONNAISE ON MY SANDWICH. I immediately scooped all of that icky-ness off and got it out my sight. It was gross. I wiped off as much of the mayonnaise as I could, but all of the flavored had soaked into the bread.

Awesome.

I needed to eat something and I didn't feel like greasy food from the caf, so I just ate it. This is where the sun chips came in handy. For every bite of my sub, I ate a chip at the same time to somewhat mask the gross, sour taste of my sandwich. I couldn't take it back because the place is clear across campus, so I just braced myself and ate the thing.

Next time I'll be sure and watch my sandwich being made.

I don't know if she gave me the wrong one, or she didn't hear me say NO MAYONNAISE OR VEGETABLES as clear as possible, but I don't want this to happen again.... :l

I also finished up my homework for the night, and now I'm off to sleep!

Well , that's it! Thanks for reading!
Talk to you tomorrow :)
Goodnight <3



No comments:

Post a Comment