Friday, November 1, 2013

Lā Hoʻomākaʻukaʻu ~ Halloween!

Happy Halloweeeeeen!!

I had a great day today, and I hope you all did too!

I started off my day with work from 9:00-11:30, which was super fun :) 

I walked into the building and my supervisor was there dressed as an exercise person with weights and workout clothes, but she had on this big Afro wig which made her look TOTALLY different! I didn't even recognize her at first and she was waving at me, but I didn't know it was her so I just waved back with a smile on my face thinking, "Who in the world is waving at me?"  Then I realized once I got closer. Everyone else in the office was dressed up and it was really awesome, and everyone was having so much fun!

At one point, some people from the department came around with the "Treat Cart" for us all. It had loads of sweets and food and coffee. So generous of them :)

The office also had a big potluck at 12:00, but I wasn't working at that time :(

My Chemistry lab was cancelled today, so I went back to my dorm and chilled out until my next class at 3:00. 

So once 2:45 rolled around, I headed to Hawaiian Studies, fully prepared for my quiz, which then got postponed! :) instead of the quiz, we made tea leaf lei's! They are pretty difficult to make, but  really pretty, when made right. 

Then I went back to my dorm because I had a while before I had to leave again. 

I decided that I was going to go out with Marisa, Brent and their friend Donisha, who is super nice! :)

We didn't meet up until 9:30, because Marisa got off of work at 10:30, so I just Brent and Donisha and we took the bus down to her work. 

I ended up dressing as a tacky tourist! :) I thought it looked great!

The bus ride was terrible. There were so many kids packed into the bus and most of them weren't wearing much, making things awkward, but we finally got off after about 20 minutes on the bus. 

We arrived at her work at like 10:08 and had to wait a while, but luckily there was an art show going on right next to it. This man was doing one of those paintings out of spray paint, and it was amazing! The detail was incredible!

Once she got off, we walked along the Strip at Waikiki which is just the main road, and there were tons of thing going on. There were freak shows, haunted houses and art things, which were all really cool! But then there were also mass amounts of people, the majority of which were drunk, and there was not much walking room available. We saw some pretty intense things happening, such as a couple getting into a fist fight, a man getting arrested, and also a guy dressed as Bacon! :)

We walked along the entire thing and realized that we weren't far from walmart and we all needed a few things, so we decided to make midnight shopping trip to walmart, in costume. 

After walmart we started walking back to campus, and by this point I was completely wiped out and exhausted! We walked for a while before we realized we were near a bus stop that would take us close to campus and there was a bus on the way.

So we waited for about 5 minutes and hopped on the bus! We got off by the Humane Society and walked the last little bit to campus and I finally got back into my dorm at 1:20. 

And man, do my feet hurrrt! I swear we walked at least a good 3 or four miles today!

I had to complete this online homework assignment that took about 10 minutes and then I typed this up! 

Sorry for no pictures, but I'm typing this on my phone in bed because I am so ready for sleep, and I can't put pictures when I'm doing it from my phone, sorry!

I have to wake up and leave by 8:00 for class in the morning...so I should probably sleep. 

I'll post the few pictures that I got on tomorrow's post!

I hope you all had a great Halloween!

Goodnight! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment