Saturday, November 9, 2013

Lehulehu ~ Crowd

Rainbow Invitational Day!

It was just another normal day with class at 8:30-9:20, work from 9:30-12:00, class from 1:30-2:20, and work from 2:30-3:30.

On a typical Friday, I would've had practice at 3:45, but since today was our big performance, we didn't have practice! :) Yay!

So I had tons of free time, I utilized it by scanning and sending my Chemistry homework/lab that was due today, and taking a nap.

I got some dinner around 5:30 with Marisa at the caf, and then it was time to head off to the band room.

The bus left at 8:00 from UH. We only took one bus, so everybody who could, was supposed to drive themselves there, meaning that they'd get there at their leisure. Well the bus ended up getting to the stadium late and we had to rush to get our uniforms on and get everything together. 

We then ran through some of the music, ran through some visuals, got a speech from the band director, sang the alma mater, and got pumped!

Show time!

This would be the first time we had an audience who appreciated what we were doing out there, as opposed to the typical crowd of drunk people, college kids, and drunk college kids!

Having 18 marching bands watch us and look up to us and appreciate what we were doing, was amazing.

From the moment we stepped out of the tunnel, there were cheers from them, but once we finished, the crowd was roaring! It was such an adrenaline rush, and an incredible feeling! :)

I enjoyed it a lot :)

After, Nathan and Marisa decided that they wanted to go to Zippy's and Walmart, so we headed off to Walmart and they bought some things. We then went to Zippy's and didn't decide until after we got there that we weren't really hungry, so we left.

They ended up getting McDonald's, which I can't eat, but I wasn't hungry anyways, so I didn't mind.

Then, Brent and Donisha, who I was with on Halloween, their friend Ryan and his family were at a Zippy's close by, and wanted us to stop in to say hi. So off we went! We stayed for about 20 minutes before having to go.

It was 12:45 at this point, and we decided that it was time to go home. So we drove back to UH, and stopped at the music building to see the Spring Band Results.

I made Concert Band, which is the lowest of the three along with 13 other flutes, but there were only 4 accepted into the top ensemble, and 4 into the middle ensemble, and most of them are music majors and/or upperclassmen. Most freshman make it into Concert Band, and I am perfectly fine with it! :) There are no chair seatings though, so I'm not sure how that is going to work out.

Anyways, he then drove us back to the parking lot by the dorms, and we all went our separate ways!

I didn't expect my roommate to be here, but when I walked in I saw her sleeping, and I felt bad. She didn't wake up, but I came in at like 1:30, so I kind of feel bad. That is why I am trying to type this up as fast as possible so that I can put my computer away, but also to sleep!! :)

So I had a GREAT day today! I really enjoy hanging out with Nathan and Marisa, they are so fun and nice :)

And that's it! 
Until next time...tomorrow!
Goodnight <3

No comments:

Post a Comment