Sunday, September 15, 2013

Hale hōʻikeʻike iʻa ~ Aquarium

I finally had a nice day :)

I slept in until about 9:30 and felt really rested when I got up. I then went down and got some breakfast which consisted of waffles, hash browns, eggs, sausage and OJ! It was really good and filled me up until dinner.

Then I came back and got showered and freshened up for what I had planned today. So in my Oceanography class, we are required to go on a self guided field trip whenever is convenient for us, and even though it isn't due until the end of the semester in December, I decided to go today. There were a few options available to us, but I opted for the Waikiki Aquarium, because well, I love them. It's nice when a huge part of your final grade is a trip to a place that you could spend hours in. This is probably the best project I've ever had to do! :)



Now this aquarium is very old, one of the oldest in the world, so it is quite small, and there isn't too much inside, but I still enjoyed it very much! Here are some pictures I took inside.

So this was just a tank with tons of beautiful fish.

These are little baby jellyfish that I thought were the cutest things ever!

A curled up starfish.

They had sharks!! This was obviously my favorite exhibit inside :D

This was a Hawaiian Monk Seal who was sunbathing and was adorable!


This is a sea urchin that looks like a loofa sponge.

After I walked through the whole thing, I stopped off at the gift shop and bought a postcard to send off to my family and this cute magnet because my family and I kind of collect magnets from everywhere we visit.


I also got a pressed penny which I can't get a good picture of, but it just says Waikiki Aquarium with a little fishy on it. 

After this, I walked along the beach a bit and then headed off to the mall! Now this mall is the Ala Moana Center Mall and let me tell you, the size of it is a bit overwhelming. It is set up like your average mall, but it is an outdoor mall. It's really cool, but it has 4 stories and I literally got lost about 5 times. Anyway, I am just about the worst shopper ever, because I go to the mall, and buy hardly anything. So I was there for about two hours, and all I got was tea and almonds from Starbucks, and a few things from Bath & Body Works.


I have a bit of an obsession with this store, and so of course I stopped in. Well, turns out they were having a sale on all of their summer stuff, so it was all 50-75% off. How could I pass that 
up? So I got this cooling mist, a salt spray for your hair, a body spray, a loofa and a tiny perfume of their newest fragrance Amber Blush. I paid $21.73 for all of this which would have costed $59.89. I'm pretty happy with that especially when I plan on using these every day :) 

After the mall, I just came back to campus, walked around a bit and then went to drop my stuff at my dorm before heading down for dinner. I had my usual, a grilled cheese and raspberry lemonade! 

Since then, I've been working on homework for the upcoming week and watching LOST. I'm going to try to get some sleep now because I'm pretty tired from my long day. I hope you enjoyed this post. I really enjoy writing up posts with pictures in them, because I feel like they are more interesting for you guys. So thank you for reading, and to my family, there is a postcard on the way!

Okaaaay, well that's it for tonight! I'll talk to you all tomorrow, goodnightt! 


No comments:

Post a Comment