Monday, September 2, 2013

Kiʻi ʻoniʻoni ~ Cinema

Aloha!

Today was an enjoyable day for me. I ventured off on my own into unfamiliar territory :)

First off, I was able to sleep in a bit this morning, once the garbage truck finished it's pickup at 6:00 which wakes me up every morning because it literally is so loud it sounds, to me, like a transformer. But after that, I slept in until about 10:00, when I got out of bed. And since the last two days have consisted of me being cooped up in my room, alone, I decided that I needed to get out and do something. So I got showered up and dressed, and then I couldn't decide what to do. As I was sitting there at my desk trying to figure something out, I look out my window and see this bird flying at the window, but it doesn't turn away in time and it flew straight into my window! I was so shocked, but it just turned around and flew away unharmed. Never thought I'd see that happen! Then i asked my mom what I should do, and she gave me the brilliant idea of going to the movie theater and seeing This Is Us.

I was a bit skeptical at first because this meant traveling on public transportation alone for the first time. Seeing as my first ride on a bus in general, ever, was last Friday, the thought of going alone was a bit frightening, but I decided that I needed to get out and just do it. TheBus system here on Oahu is very efficient and safe, so I ended up having no troubles at all.

I got to the theaters at 2:45 for the 3:15 showing, and then went in and bought some food because I had not eaten at all yet because the dining halls were closed due to it being a holiday. This is what I got :)




Unfortunately, I did have to go alone, which was a bit of a bummer, but it ended up being fine because I was so immersed in the movie that I didn't even realize it!

Another unfortunate thing is how much hate the boys of One Direction get, just because of them being a boy band. They work so hard for this and have given up almost every normal aspect of their lives for others and to please those supporting them. Why should they get hate for being completely selfless? This movie was honestly very well made and was a truly wonderful film; and I'm not just saying that because I got to see Harry Styles shirtless ;) But in all seriousness, if you ever have the opportunity to, please watch it. You'll approve.

After this, I walked back to the bus stop and came back to my dorm where I have just finished up the last of my homework for tomorrow and have gotten my backpack and everything ready for tomorrow. 

I am now watching an episode of LOST before I head off to sleep for an early and long morning of class from 9:00 to 1:15 without a break.

I do have this rather annoying knot in my back that has not gone away for a few weeks. I first got it during band camp, and although it isn't excruciating pain, it is a dull, constant pain that I don't enjoy. I'm not sure what to do about it, but since I couldn't pack my personal masseuse into my luggage, and still bring everything else I needed.... I'll have to figure something else out to get rid of it, hopefully soon!

Well, on that note, I'll talk to you all tomorrowwww! 

No comments:

Post a Comment