Saturday, September 7, 2013

Pōpaʻipaʻi ~ Volleyball

Well, well, well. Finally, I've had a somewhat interesting and productive day! :)

I woke up around 8:00, but didn't get out of bed until about 9:30, because I can, and got all ready for the day. 

Around 11:15, I left my dorm and headed off to the bus stop, got on the bus when it came and ventured off to Walmart. Shopping in Walmart alone without my parents there, was veeeery weird, but it had to be done, so I did it. Getting a shirt for tonight was my first priority, so I headed off to the men's shirt department and picked myself up a nice "Aloha Shirt"...




It ended up being absolutely HUGE on me because the smallest they had were Mediums in this shirt which was my favorite, and I didn't try it on at the store. So it literally goes down to my knees, but I made it work by tucking in the front of the shirt.

I also needed a few bits and bobs from the store such as snacks and a few essentials.

This is everything that I ended up picking up from the store.



I bought a pick & black insulated grocery tote to put everything in so I wouldn't be lugging plastic Walmart bags all over creation. I then picked up some snacks for my dorm such as Animal Crackers, pretzels, Goldfish and mini oreos. I also needed some more of my favorite granola bars that I eat for breakfast which are the Special K, chocolatey pretzel cereal bars, and they are aaaamazing. Seriously. And then of course we have my shirt, as well as some ziplock baggies incase I want to take a snack for when my days become more hectic, gum which is absolutely essential, and finally some cough drops to keep with the rest of my medicine incase a sore throat or cold comes along unexpectedly. I want to make sure I'm prepared!

Ooh! Funny story that happened in Walmart, I was walking down the gum aisle, and this girl who looked about 8 years old said, "Auntie, auntie! Can I get some gum?" And the lady, I guess who was her aunt said, "No. Gum is bad for you. It will rot your teeth, they will fall out, and you'll die." The little girl's face was a bit shocked and she then replied with, "Well mommy let's me chew gum, and I'm fine so...."
And that was that. Thought I'd share it with you, because it made me laugh :)

By the time I got back after my shopping trip, it was 1:25 and I had quite a while until I needed to leave my dorm. I had yet to eat anything so I was planning on going to the dining hall for some food, but there is a break from 1:00-5:00 on Saturdays between brunch and dinner so that was out of the question. I ended up going for some plain old pretzels and peanut butter.

Once 5:30 came, I had to leave and head off to the band room for my pep band gig tonight which was the UH vs. UCLA women's volleyball game. All band members are required to sign up for three volleyball games throughout the season, and tonight was my first one. This is what I needed my shirt for, because as you can see...
...that is part of the uniform.

This was taken sometime during the match. We ended up easily beating UCLA, winning all three sets!!

Last night, as a matter of fact, our women's volleyball coach, Dave Shoji, went down in the record books for the "winningest women's volleyball coach in NCAA Division I history!" That was his 1,107th win during his time coaching here at UH Manoa. Tonight we won again, making that 1,108, which is incredible!

This game was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed it! There was a lot of energy, and so many people. A little over 10,000 people were at the game tonight. 

After the game, I walked back to my dorm with Alyssa, whom I have mentioned and talked about before on here, and we stopped off at theMarket on our way back, to pick up some dinner. It is basically a little convenient store just across from our dorms. Somehow I ended up walking out with a Vitamin water and Pringles....so that was my dinner. There were literally about 50-75 people crammed into this itty bitty convenient store because they were all coming from the game and no dining halls are open at 9:30. I was so ready to get out that place, that my head must have not been on straight while in there, and I didn't even get real food, as planned.

Anyways, I finally arrived back at my dorm around 10:00, ate my "dinner" and watched an episode of LOST.

It is now only 11:21, but I'm pretty tired, so that is where I am going to end today's post. I hope you enjoyed, I hope you all are well, and I'll talk to you later. Bye! 



No comments:

Post a Comment