Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hoʻomaikaʻi ~ Appreciate

Wow, today marks exactly 4 weeks since I left home. I can't believe it! 

Today also marks a very sad and tragic day in history, 9/11. I know when all of you at home will be reading this, it will no longer be the eleventh, but I do hope that you took a moment out of your day to think about, and remember, those who lost their lives, and those who lost loved ones on this day. I was only in second grade when I heard the news and couldn't wrap my little brain around the idea and concept of what had occurred or why somebody would do such a thing, I only knew that something really bad had happened.
Please keeps those affected in your thoughts and prayers.
~~~~

Now onto my not-so-awesome day.

So if you read my post from yesterday, you know that I was having trouble getting my hands on this one book that I needed for a class. Well this morning, I decided to check with the bookstore to see if they had any copies. So I woke up an extra hour early to get to the bookstore when they opened, and just my luck, this book is only sold in a $250 bundle with the two other books that I already have, and not sold individually! Just wonderful. I then had to rush back to my dorm to get my backpack and stuff for my Bio lecture at 8:30, and I got there just in time.

After that was the troublesome Bio lab. I turned in what I was able to complete with the books I DO have, and I talked to my TA about it and she was very understanding and willing to work with me. She said that I will get credit for what I did, and if my ordered copy doesn't come in time for next week, she'll scan and send me that pages of the book that I need for the assignment. I am really glad that she was so understanding of my situation, and wasn't too hard on me  :)

So during our Bio lab, we had to use Excel on the PC's, neither of which I am familiar with, and had to do about 234,795 things and complete like 50 charts, so that was very tedious and frustrating. My group didn't finish, so we now have to meet up outside of class when our schedules line up to complete it, as well as doing an assignment that is almost identical to this in terms of amount of work, only it has different data for homework, on top of another homework assignment for this week! 

Honestly, despite how nice and understanding our two TA's are, the instructor for this class is so strict and assigns so much busy work for a class that is only one credit! I do not think it is worth it, and if this lab wasn't required for my major, I would not be taking it.

Next, I had to head straight off to Oceanography. I always enjoy this class, because it just interests me so much. Once that class was over, I finally got to go back to my dorm for about an hour to rest after going, going, going nonstop from 7:30-1:20. I got back and ate some pretzels with peanut butter, because through all of the chaos, I had yet to eat anything all day, except for my granola bar on the way to the bookstore at 7:30. 

I rested up a bit and then headed off to band practice at 3:20. Practice was fine, we officially have the whole opener (drill and music) for our Star Wars show on the field, ready to go. It is sounding/looking awesome :)

Practice ended at 5:15, but we had sectionals until 6:00 where we just worked on learning/memorizing the music. As we were sitting there, I was thinking about those affected by 9/11, as well as my family, and my kitty. Out of nowhere, this absolutely GORGEOUS double rainbow appears right in front of us. It was beautiful and made me smile after my not so tip-top day. 





It went across the entire sky and it made me realize how much the little things in life make me happy and how we take advantage of too many things. Many of us do not really appreciate how lucky we are. There are so many people out there who do not get the opportunities we are given, and we take advantage of those luxuries. I am not going to go into a whole big lecture, I'm just saying, please appreciate what you have now, because anything can change in the blink of an eye.

The rest of my night is going to consist of me studying my head off for my first college exam tomorrow afternoon, which is Chemistry. How fun!...

So that is where I am going to end this post. I miss you, and I hope you all are well. Goodniiiigghhht! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment