Monday, September 30, 2013

Poina ~ Forget

Unfortunately, I’ve had a not-too-awesome day :(

It started this morning when I literally couldn’t be bothered to get out of bed until the last possible moment. I got out of bed at 7:50, got dressed in athletic shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops (or as they say here, slippers), and headed off to Biology at 8:00.

Bio went well, I met a girl who lives in my tower, and also sat with Sky and Jordan. After Bio, my lab group and I planned to meet up in the Campus Center at 9:30, so Sk and I headed off there after Bio. Once the other two got there, we worked on our lab, and almost finished, we just have to finish our results section. We got done with that around 11:20, and I stopped off at the bookstore to pick up a card and little gift for my roommate. 

This past Saturday was her birthday, and I had absolutely no idea at the time. I saw later on Facebook that I missed it, and felt awful! So I picked up a card and package of M&M’s for her. It was pointless to go back to my dorm when my next class started in just over an hour, so I sat in Campus and filled out her card. I always find it hard to write cards to people, but I think it turned out nice :)

Class started at 12:30, and it was reeally boring today. I almost fell asleep...

I was finally able to go back to my dorm after this.

I got there and took a shower because I needed to wake myself up. While in the shower, a dumb little glob of shampoo decided to dribble down my forehead, and get in my eye. Let me tell you, I have not been in that much pain in quite some time. It literally felt like there was a fire in my eye, and I could barely put my eye under water to get the shampoo out, due to the excruciating pain. I then proceeded to finish my shower using only one eye, which proved to be more challenging than you'd think.

After my shower, I looked in the mirror and opened my fire-eye as much as possible, and it was blood shot and the entire eye was bright red and watering profusely. :( I then closed it back up, because the pain intensified when I tried opening it.

It took me an hour and a half of sitting with a cold washcloth on my eye, before I could open it all the way up again. 

I then got dressed, left Amber her card and M&M’s on her desk and headed off to band practice at 3:20. Thankfully today’s practice was a music rehearsal, so we were not on the field at all, and got to be in the air conditioning the whole time. As I was sitting there, I realized that I was forgetting something, and discovered that I left my lanyard with all of my cards in my dorm. Including the key to my dorm building/elevator/room. Awesome.

After practice, I walked back and once I got close to my building, I casually waited there for someone in my building to come along so that I could go in after them. Thankfully it wasn’t too awkward, because one of my friends Michelle, walked around the corner and let me in! :)

I was going to get a new key from the front desk because you get 5 free keys before they begin charging you for them, but decided to check and see if Amber was in the room so I could save those free keys for when I really needed them. Hoooray! She was in the room, and let me in. I then looked and looked for my lanyard and I couldn’t find it anywhere. I then realized that the last place I was before I left for practice was in my wardrobe, which has a lock on it. Just my luck, the key to that lock, is on my lanyard, along with everything else. 

I then had to find the spare key that I have for my lock, which I found after rummaging through the entire contents of my 6 drawers, and completely disarranging them. I got the lock and wardrobe open, and there was my lanyard. Whew!

Next, I spent a good 30 minutes getting all of my drawers back into order, and then proceeded to take a well-deserved half hour break by laying down and playing Candy Crush.

Once I got up, I worked on my lab homework due tomorrow, studied for my exams and also worked on a bunch of job related things that I needed to get done that has been stressing me out for weeks. Basically I am supposed to have a job secured by tomorrow, and I don’t, so I am kind of freaking out, and emailed the head lady to hopefully get an extension, because I have been trying for weeks and nothing is working out for me in the job department.

I am suuuper stressed out right now, and don’t know what to do. I feel like there is too much to do, and never enough time to do it all. :(

I’m hoping these next few days will go a bit smoother, but with these huge exams coming up, I’m not too sure that will happen. 

Oh and by the way, Amber loved the card and M&M’s and thought it was really sweet of me. She even hung up the card on her bulletin board! :) That made me feel nice!

Well guys, that’s it. 
I’ll talk to you all later! 
Goodnight! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment