Sunday, September 1, 2013

Lole holoi ~ Laundry

Well, another day has passed on this beautiful island, and I can't believe that I've been on my own for a week already.

As hoped, today was quite a productive day! I woke up this morning and went down to the dining hall and had my first proper breakfast since my mom left, instead of usually just grabbing a granola bar on the way to class. I had a sausage, egg and cheese english muffin with some raspberry lemonade. It was good!

After that, I went back to my room and got my laundry all ready to go and I went up to the roof to begin that. I had to get help from someone because the machines are quite confusing. After starting my load of laundry, I had a nice conversation with my mom and dad which was nice :) Then I just walked around on the roof and looked out upon the island. It is crazy, from one side of my tower you see downtown Honolulu, and on the other you see the Manoa Valley and the mountain range. The variation in scenery here is incredible!

I finally finished up my laundry, and then came back to my room to fold, and put everything away, and while I was at it, I FINALLY got around to putting away all of the clothes that were still packed up in my suitcases. I also took out the trash, and got all of my desk drawers organized. 

By this point it was about 4:00 and I was tired, so I took a little nap, and then woke up and did my Chemistry Lab worksheet and started my reading for my Hawaiian Studies class. After that was finished and ready to go for class on Tuesday, I watched (and am still currently watching) LOST. It is such an intriguing show and I love it! Tomorrow I kind of want to go out and do some exploring, I'm not sure to where though. We'll see if I'm up to it tomorrow! 

My plans right now are to finish up this episode that I'm in the middle of, and then probably just heading to bed. So I hope you all are doing good, and I'll talk to you tomorroooowww! 

No comments:

Post a Comment