Thursday, September 5, 2013

Hoʻomaikaʻi ~ Grateful

Heyyy there.

Today was pretty uneventful and dull, so I'm going to make this short and sweet as to not bore you guys too much.


Sooooo, I slept in until about 9:00 this morning, and although I had an alarm set to get up and go for a run, that did not happen once again, no surprise. Once I got up, I worked on a few on-campus job applications and read ahead a bit for my Chem. lecture at 12:00. The lecture came and went, nothing exciting in the least, and I'm still not fond of the professor. He literally reads the power point word for word, adds little to no additional information about the topic and he doesn't even look up, he just stands there and reads the slides. He did however do a demo at the end class where he blew up this piece of metal, which I'll admit, was quite cool, but that was the best part of class.


I then went to my dorm, and was off to my Hawaiian Studies class at 3:00 which was very interesting today. There is only one problem though, the professor uses tons of Hawaiian words that I don't understand. They literally sound all the same since there are only 13 letters in the Hawaiian language, so that is difficult for me. But nevertheless, we had some very deep and insightful conversations today that made me think about a few things differently.


One of them is how deeply I appreciate my parents for being so supportive in everything I've ever shown interest in throughout my life, up to this point. Most recently, their support in my decision to attend a college that is about 4,760 miles away from home, to pursue what I want to, is amazing. They never once forced me, told me or made me do one thing or another, simply because that is the future that they had planned out for me from a young age or because they wanted me to. I have been able to write my own future for myself and have my parents supporting me 100% of the time, and for that, I am extremely thankful! My sister, brother and I have been so fortunate in this aspect and have one amazing set of parents. So thank you mom and dad, for everything you have ever done, that has gotten me to this point in my life, and although it is hard being away, it will only make the time we have together more special and memorable. I love you both so much. 


Next, I walked to my dorm and did some homework before I went down for dinner around 6:00 and I actually switched up my dinner for today. I had pasta/spaghetti sauce and raspberry lemonade, which was fine. It was like any other pasta that I've had and satisfied my hunger.


I have now been in my dorm working on some more job applications, and have also gotten two job interviews scheduled already. Hopefully a job will be coming in the near future, and will take up the space of the large amount of free time that I seem to have throughout my days. I am now watching LOST, and once I finish, I'm going to get to sleep because I have an early morning of class tomorrow. 


Oh, and Pip was sitting in his normal spot each time I saw him today, and once he was even sitting up, observing his surroundings, and just being cute 


Sorry for the uneventful activities that today has brought, and hopefully tomorrow will be better! :)


So... thank you for reading, and I'll talk to you then, byeeee! 



No comments:

Post a Comment