Monday, September 16, 2013

Ka nāpo'o 'ana o ka lā ~ Sunset

Hellooo :)

I had a good day today, although not much happened aside from my normal routine, I didn't have too many issues either! 

I finally had a decent night of sleep. I didn't wake up once during the night, and slept up until about 15 minutes before my alarm went off. So that was a nice start to my day, unfortunately however, I did wake up to the news of the shooting at the DC Navy Yard, which was very sad to hear about. I didn't have much time to read into the details before class, so I waited until after class to read up on the specifics.

After getting ready, I headed off to Biology at 8:30, somebody took my usual spot so I had to sit in a different seat, which was a bit closer to the professor. And fun fact, I found out that he has a lip ring, which was quite unexpected. That lecture went well, we are currently talking about prokaryote/eukaryote cells and their functions.

After that, I went back to my dorm sat outside on the balcony, just admiring my beautiful view :) I then read more about what had happened in DC, and it was very sad to hear that the death toll was 12. When I hear things like this, it really saddens me because these people were simply going about their day, with absolutely no knowledge of what would happen, and their lives were taken away so suddenly. It is honestly heartbreaking and was sad to read about. I have absolutely no idea what would possess someone to do anything like this. It just goes to show that you really can't take advantage of anything and to appreciate what you have. You never know when it will be gone. :( My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those affected.

After this, I had to head off to Oceanography, in which we talked about plate tectonics, which was pretty interesting. Some of the theories and ideas he talks about so confidently though, seem quite far-fetched and unrealistic, which leads me to thinking he might be a bit bias on certain topics. He is an "expert" however, and sure seems to not let us forget that little fact.

Once that lecture ended, I headed off to the Student Services Center, because I was getting emails about this form that I needed to complete again, yet I had no knowledge of ever doing it a first time. So I talked to them about that, and turns out I was stressing over something that was their mistake and they accidentally sent me the email that was supposed to go to another student. Thankfully that's over with. 

There were a few things that I needed to pick up from the bookstore for my Biology Lab, so I headed there next. And this is where I had a few issues. I was trying to find a lab coat, and they only run in Men's sizes, so once I found the ones to actually but, rather than the display coats, they only had large and extra large left so I had to get that large one. It is absolutely HUGE and goes down to about the middle of my calfs and is a good five inches too long on the arms. I had to get it though, because they wouldn't re-stock before my lab on Wednesday. I also needed some latex gloves for the lab, so I went to where the gloves were sold and they only sell bulk gloves in boxes of 500! I need them once a week for 8 more weeks. That is 16 gloves, and all they have are boxes of 500. So I had to opt for a little pack of 5 individual gloves, which doesn't make too much sense, because you need them as pairs, but I'll just have to go back and get another little pack when the time comes, this will do for now.

I had about an hour and a half until band practice, so I went to my dorm, and just rested up a bit. I then left for practice at 3:20. Practice started out pretty well, however by the end, it had done a completely 180 degree turn for the worst, and ended on a really bad note. The director was upset with us for various things such as not being focused, not taking this seriously, and various things like not being prepared with the proper things, and that there was too much talking. A lot of students were complaining afterwards about how he was being "too harsh", but I think that we needed to be told that we weren't doing well, because that will really get our heads in the zone for the next practice. Up until now, the director has complemented us at almost every practice about how well we are doing, and I personally think it has gotten to our heads a bit, so this was needed. I'm sure it will all resolve itself on Wednesday! :)

I then went to the cafe, and switched up my dinner a bit! The grill special was a chicken quesadilla, so I had that with some cantaloupe and raspberry lemonade. It was reeeallly good. Then, I came back to my room and have been working on all kinds of homework, from Chemistry to Biology to Hawaiian Studies. Around 6:45, I took a little break and went up to the roof to watch the sunset, and it was gorgeous!! The sky looked like fire. Here is a picture that I took, even though it doesn't do the beauty of it justice in the slightest.




After that little break, I came back and had a nice conversation with my sister, and then just continued with my homework. I am still not done, but I wanted to take another break, and decided it would be a good time to write todays post up, because I am not doing anything else except sleeping after my homework is done.
I also changed up the font, because I like this one better. It reminds me of a typewriter :)

So, I hope you enjoyed :) And I'll talk to you tomorrow, goodnightt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment