Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Koʻikoʻi ~ Stress

Heyyyy.

I feel like these posts might be getting a bit repetitive and boring, but hopefully you are still enjoying them.

So today was a really stressful day all around. I had my Chemistry Lab this morning which went really well, and then I had my Chemistry lecture at 12:00. After this I came back to my dorm, to finish up my Bio lab homework for tomorrow. Weeelllllll, there are two extra books that are required for this assignment, and last week I tried to get eBook's of them, and there aren't any! So I looked up physical copies, but they were either too expensive for these tiny books, or they wouldn't arrive on time. So I did everything that I could without the book, and waited to see if an eBook would be posted because I requested that they be put on amazon for digital download.

Well, no such luck. There was no way I was going to get these books on time.

By this point it was 2:45 and I had my Hawaiian Studies class at 3:00, so I headed off there. That went well, not too exciting.

I came back to my room after that and finished up everything else that I needed to get done tonight, and then I decided to try the online bookstore here at UH one more time, and one of the books magically appeared to buy on an eReader. So I did it, because I was desperate. However, it doesn't tell you until AFTER you finalize the order, that the order has to be reviewed and can take up to 24 hours to finalize the order, AND that it is only a rental copy for 180 days! I am beyond stressed now and really angry at the trouble I have gone through this past week to get these books, and one of them is still out of reach. I have no clue how I am going to get this second book at all.

So it turns out that I am going to turn in my first homework assignment for this class only half completed, because there is "absolutely no late work accepted in this lab." And I'm not even sure if the assignment will be accepted if it is only half complete, because the lab instructor is so strict that she lets absolutely nothing slide.

Oh! I called my dad this morning about my mysterious package delivery note, and it turns out that it is a postcard that my dad sent me :) However it is at the post office, so I'll have to figure out how I am going to get it. Other than what I have told you here, nothing else exciting has happened today. I have just been a big ball of stress and frustrations due to this whole situation.

I have a bit more homework to do tonight, but decided to get this post out of the way now so that I won't be bothered to do it after I finish my homework and am exhausted.

So I hope you enjoyed, and I'll talk to you tomorrow :)

UPDATE!! Hallelujah, someone is sure watching over me, because just as I finished writing this post, I checked back on the status of my eBook, and it went through and I can now access it! So now my homework will be 3/4th's finished because I still have no luck with that other book. Woo! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment