Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Pōpoki keiki ~ Kitty


Meet Pip:


I'm not sure how well you can see him, but that black outline is a kitty that I see every single day, curled up sleeping in this same spot, walking to and from each class. Each time that I see him, he makes me smile and reminds me of my cat back home. If you could see his face, he is just the cutest thing, and I look forward to seeing him every day. He is all black except for a few faint spots of a lightish brown color randomly dotted on his fur. I have decided to name him, and I'm not sure where it came from, but I thought that the name Pip suited him well :) Be prepared to hear more about him in upcoming posts because I am a bit obsessed with his cuteness 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now on to my day...


First off, that run I had planned on doing this morning? Yeah, I had no motivation whatsoever, so that, didn't happen as planned. 


I was, however, woken up at 6:00 this morning by my roommate because she had practice at 7:00 and I’m not sure what she did, but she knocked something over in our room, and it was the seriously the loudest thing ever. I never really got back to sleep after that, but I did lay in bed until 7:00. I got up and got ready to go for my Biology lecture at 8:30. If you know me personally, you will know that I have a bit of a hatred for Chemistry, because I do not find it interesting or easy anymore like I did at the beginning of High School. Well luck seems to NOT be on my side these days, because that is literally what we are discussing/learning in all three of my science classes. Obviously in my Chemistry class, we are learning Chemistry, but this morning in Biology, the entire lecture was based around Carbon molecules and Functional Groups in living things. Then at 12:30 is Oceanography. And what is today's lecture about? CHEMISTRY. I swear, I cannot escape it. We talked all about the elements that make up the majority living matter and thing of such nature. Needless to say, today was not my favorite day of class. We did have a brief discussion about space, which always grasps my attention, so it got a bit better toward the end.

After my Biology class was over, I went to the Campus Center and I got some breakfast...





After this I still had about two hours until my next class, so surprise, surprise, I went back to my dorm. I got some reading done for Oceanography, and headed there around noon, and as you just read, it wasn't as good as the previous lectures. Oh and I'll also add, that in this class we have three assistant professors who are all experts in the certain aspects of Oceanography. So up until now, the main professor has given a few intro lectures about Oceanography as a whole, but today was the first day with the professor who is an expert in Geology. He starts off class spending about 10-15 minutes bragging about himself and all of his degrees and things that he has accomplished and even made a separate slide to show us all of his accomplishments, which I thought was a bit unnecessary. Anyways, we then spent the remaining 40 minutes talking about Chemistry and space.

Next, I went back to my room yet again, and I got ready for band practice at 3:45. I wasn't too hungry yet, so I had a snack consisting of some Ritz with peanut butter and some water...



And then it was time for band practice! So this is where my day went slightly downhill. I walked to the practice fields as usual because I hadn't been told anything different. But when I get there, it is empty. No band people in sight, so I was a bit shocked and unsure of what to do. I checked my FaceBook to and see if anything had been posted about a change in location or a cancellation of practice, but there was nothing. So I did the only thing that I could think of, I walked all the way to the music department building, and I see the Tuba's out practicing. I heard someone say that we were having sectional time, so i searched and searched, but I couldn't find the flutes anywhere. The only places that I know the location of in the music complex were the courtyard and the main band room. Finally I see another flute player, and I ask her where the flutes are practicing. She tells me, "Oh, we are in room 7.", and points me in the direction that I need to go, because she was on her way to the bathroom or something. I finally, after wandering around lost and not knowing what to do for a total of about 20 minutes from when I saw that we weren't on the field, found the room that I needed to be in. Well, I ended up being a little bit late, because all of the confusion, but everyone else seemed to be told where they needed to be ahead of time, yet I got nothing, so that was quite frustrating.

On the bright side, we learned the music today for our next marching show, which just so happens to be Star Wars themed, and it sounds incredible! The music is a bit challenging in parts but it is going to be such an awesome show. I was then invited by a fellow flute, to have dinner with her on our way back to the dorms in the cafe outside the dorms, so I did. I had pizza and cranberry juice, which now thinking back, doesn't sound too good together, and ended my meal with a yummy double chocolate cookie.

I am now back in my room, working on job things, working on a bit of Chemistry homework and reading for my Hawaiian Studies class tomorrow. Thankfully, I don't have class until noon tomorrow, so I might have time to get that run! I'll keep ya posted.

In the span of about an hour and a half as I have written this, there have been two fire drills around me. One in the apartments right across the way from my dorm, and another in one of the other Towers, and as I type, there is a group of, most likely drunk, college kids outside in the courtyard, belting I Want It That Way by the Backstreet Boys....this is what I have to deal with on a daily basis. I don't really think that I fit into the stereotypical "college kid" life, yet somehow, I'm okay with that. :)

If you've made it this far, I want to thank you for listening to/reading my many rants about annoying things that occurred throughout my day, and I hope you enjoyed!

I'll talk to you all later, byeeee 

No comments:

Post a Comment