Friday, September 13, 2013

Ua ~ Rain

The weather today completely mirrored how my day was: gloomy.

I did not have a very good day today. There wasn't one specific thing that happened that caused me to have a bad day, it was just an overall bad day. 

It started out last night when I couldn't sleep. I'm not sure why, but I slept absolutely awful. I couldn't stay asleep to begin with. I was literally sweating each time I woke up because it is so hot in these dorms and I did not feel rested at all when my alarm went off to get up. I wake up and look outside, and the skies are grey and overcast, a big contrast to the shining sun I usually wake up to. I got ready for the day, and I left for class around 7:45. As you know from yesterday's post, I had to walk back in the rain last night from the volleyball game; well just my luck, right as I am walking out of my tower, it starts raining. At first it was just a little drizzle and I though it might just be one of those occasional showers that pop up here, but no. It then got worse, and was full on rain. And guess who forgot to pack an umbrella? Guilty.

 The building that my Biology class is in is clear across campus, up hill at parts and it was now muddy due to the rain. No, I did not fall, but I was wearing flip flops, or as they call them slippers here in Hawaii which I am still not used to, and the water and mud was getting kicked up onto the back of my pants. Today I made the decision to wear my minty green pants, and as I was walking up the stairs to my class, I look at the back of my pants because they felt wet, and there was mud and water all up the back of my pants. 

Juuuust wonderful.

I sat through class and it was fine but boring, and then I had to go to the library to work on a group project for a bit, and then back to my dorm. It was still gloomy and raining outside, so I again, had to walk across campus to my dorm in the rain, with no umbrella. I had still not completely dried from getting rained on, on the way to class, and now I was getting even more soaked. I finally got back, changed out of my clothes and got my first good look at the back of my pants, and I'm really not sure how I am going to get all of this mud out. It is everywhere.

When I got back, I was just not feeling like myself and was in a weird mood that I can't describe. I just wanted to curl up and sleep. So I laid down, but of course my body just doesn't feel like letting me rest lately, so I pretty much laid there for about 30 minutes before I got up and had to get ready for my Oceanography class. I was now in a different outfit, for obvious reasons and although the rain had not completely stopped, it was simply drizzling now. So the walk wasn't too bad.

After Oceanography, I went to the Campus Center and picked up some lunch which was really hectic due to the amount of kids in there and the heat from the grills and ovens and the lack of space to move around. Then I went back to my dorm to get ready for band practice. I had yet another wardrobe change into my athletic shorts and a t-shirt, and then played Candy Crush while I was waiting to leave. 

When I left, the clouds were magically completely gone and the sun was out and shining brighter than ever. This is the only time where I would have wished it was actually raining, because having the sun shining on you while you are out on the field running drill over and over and over, does not feel nice. I was sweating just walking out to the field, with an entire practice ahead of me. I felt gross.

Practice was eh. We got a lot accomplished and the show is coming together, but I was just feeling not like myself. I usually enjoy band practice, but I honestly just couldn't wait for it to be over today, and I'm not sure why.

When I got back, I got an email saying that I didn't get that student position that I had an interview for earlier this week, which I was not upset about at all. I knew that there was a slim chance of getting it because close to 20 kids interviewed for that position. The only bad thing, it that I now have to go through the process of scheduling more interviews and trying to get something soon. It just adds this whole extra level of stress on top of everything else that has been stressing me out, and I really don't need that. I know this is something that I need to do, I just hate the process of it. Ughhhh. 

Then my mirror fell down off of my wardrobe, and I do not have anymore of the tape stuff that was holding it up, not very well obviously, so it is now just propped up against my wardrobe and I can't see a thing in it because I am too tall for the height of it.

I was also looking at the cards I had gotten from my family, and started feeling homesick. Now thinking back to my entire day, that is probably what has been bothering me all day, I just didn't realize it. I haven't gotten homesick really at all yet since my mom left. I've been enjoying this whole experience, but I was really missing my family today. I know that things will get better, but today was just a bit of a low day for me. I did talk to my mom for a few minutes, which was nice.

We talked about how I am not eating enough, and not getting enough protein into my body because I am so picky, and there aren't many chicken options served here which is like, one of the few meats I like. ALL they serve is Chinese food, fish, soup and SPAM. Uhm...ew! Not gonna happen.
So get this; after we hung up I decided to check the menu for tonight at the cafe, and what do ya know. The 'grill special' of the day was chicken nuggets. I went down and had that for dinner, which was really good, with some orange slices, and then a brownie for dessert, yum!

It is now 9:57 and I am going to try to get an early night tonight, because I am sooo tired. I am going to try reallllly hard to get up early tomorrow morning and go on that long awaited run, and hopefully it happens!

I hope your days were better than mine, and I'll talk to you soon, niiight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment