Monday, September 9, 2013

Pūʻolo ~ Package

I have the absolute best family in the world, and I love them all so much. I will go into further detail later on when I get to that part of my day :).

So let me just start out by saying that I had some of the weirdest dreams that I've ever had last night. I woke up about 6 times throughout the night due to bad dreams that I cannot explain, but left me feeling very cautious of my surroundings. I very distinctly remember three of those dreams, one was me getting into an elevator with another girl, but there was a strange woman in there staring at us. We wanted to go to the top floor which was the 14th floor, but once we got to the 14th floor, we exploded out of the top of the building (kind of like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) and the elevator just blew up in the sky. 

Then I had a dream about these GIANT insects feasting on me while I was alive. Like they were legitimately the size of a 6 foot human. And the last one that I can remember, is I went out to walmart to buy a huge fan for my roommate and I's dorm room because it simply got too hot in there. So I set up the fan just fine, but that night when we went to sleep, the fan automatically turned on full blast and I got sucked into the fan, and got all chopped up in it....
I'm not sure why I had these sorts of dreams or what they mean, but it was definitely a first for me. The rare times that I remember my dreams, they are either complete nightmares or really good dreams, never ones like this.

So once I got over those, I got ready a bit earlier toady because I had to look extra nice. So I went to class at 8:30, as usual, and then at 9:30, I had my first ever job interview! It is for an on campus, student assistant position, and I think that it went really well. I'll know by the end of the week, so I'll keep ya posted.

For those interested, this is my view to class each day,



Beautiful, huh? :)

I'm not going to bore you with the rest of my day because it was just another monday where I went to Oceanography at 12:30, and band practice at 3:45. This is where my day became interesting. So I have been expecting a care package from my family, and I got an email today at dinner with my friend saying it had arrived. So I was super excited, and when I got back to my dorm, I picked it up.

I opened it back in my room, and it is the nicest thing ever. Seriously, I never realized how special and good it would feel to receive a care package.

I was quite surprised with the size of it, it was a pretty large box...





When I opened it, there were a few really nice letters from my mom and one from Jack that included the cutest surfboard keychain :)! 

There were some things that I had mentioned to my mom that I needed such as power strips and light bulbs, but there was also a bunch of fun little thing, too. She even sent me a new water bottle and flip flops since I've unintentionally parted ways with my others. 



This is what was in the box, there is a book, photo paper, gum, skittles, crayons, scissors, clothes, a picture frame, a desk to-do list thingy, ribbon, and much more. 

I am so thankful and appreciative of everything that they sent me and I seriously couldn't ask for a more thoughtful and supportive family 

Then, I get another email that I've received another package from "Dad" and that was sent through the Canadian postal service. The package was delivered to the post office, so I'll have to pick it up when I have time, but I'm not sure what it could be because I wasn't expecting another package....so yeah. That happened. Other than that, I finished my lab assignment for my chem lab tomorrow morning, and watched LOST.

I'm now off to sleep because I am exhausted, and worried that I'm keeping my roommate up by typing. I'll keep you updated on my employment status and mysterious package!

I hope you all are well, goodnight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment