Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Aumakua ~ Family God


Wow! I cannot believe that it is already October! September literally FLEW by, and I am only hoping that these next two and a half months fly by as well, because I am so ready to come home for Christmass! :)

So, today was a much better day for me, I am feeling a lot better, sick wise, and I didn’t have as many things go wrong for me as I did yesterday.

I woke up for my Chemistry Lecture that was at 9:00, and I walked with my roommate, which was nice! We have been talking more lately, which is wonderful. We got to the lab and my partner and I finished early, as did everyone else, and I had a little over an hour until my Chemistry lecture, so I went to Campus Center and picked up some lunch. I did get my Lab from the previous week back, and I have been getting 55-58’s out of 60 on all of my previous labs, but on this one I got a 61 out of 60, and I felt very accomplished :)

There were no open tables to sit outside of my lecture hall, so I went and found a nice, empty table in the shade under a big oak tree. It might become my new favorite spot, because it was so breezy and nice, and it was also very quiet.

Once I finished eating, I then headed off to my lecture which started at 12:00, and sat in my usual spot. A few minutes later, Amber came and sat next to me, because we have this class together too, but funny enough, we have never sat together before. Today in lecture, we just went over a practice exam for our midterm coming up on Thursday. 

I was then free until 3:00, so I went back to my dorm and went over the rest of the Chemistry practice problems before Hawaiian Studies at 3:00. 

As I said, I had Hawaiian Studies at 3:00, where we got into groups and were each assigned a practice of the Hawaiian Religions, and had to illustrate it onto a poster to teach the class about it. We had Ao Aumakua which is good realm to pass over into after death, which was very interesting.

This was my last class of the day, so I just came back to my dorm and took a nap. I was exhausted, so I lied down with the intention of taking a short nap, but ended up sleeping for about an hour and a half. Afterwards, I felt really rested though, so I am glad I took that nap. 

I needed to do my laundry, so I went up there and started a load of laundry. While I was waiting, I studied for a bit. Once my clothes were finished washing, I went up to put them in a dryer, but since we only have 3 out of 10 working dryers, they were obviously full. So I sat in there and waited for 40 MINUTES before the owners of the clothes came and got their clothes out so that I could put mine in. I was not happy with the fact that these people didn’t know when their clothes would be done so that other people could get their clothes done and get out of there.

Once a dryer opened up, I put mine in, and had an hour until they would be done. I had a few more things to finish up for my Biology Lab tomorrow, so I typed that up and printed it. 

An hour had passed at this point, so I went up, got my clothes out of the dryer, and that is where I am currently at in my day. I am sitting here typing this post while watching an episode of LOST, since I haven’t watched one since Sunday. :)

Once this episode is over, I plan to go straight to sleeeeep because I have an 8:30 class in the morning :(

So I’m going to go now! I hope you all are well!

I’ll talk to you tomorrow, goodnight! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment