Saturday, October 5, 2013

Wai ~ Juice

Well, I'm preeetty tired, so I'm going to make this short and sweet tonight!

I woke up around 8:30, got showered and dressed and headed off to Walmart. Since today was a game day, we all have scheduled games where we are responsible for bringing something for our flute potluck dinner. Today, I had juice. I bought Capri-Sun's and thankfully, everyone enjoyed! :)

So as soon as I got back from the store, I had to get all of my stuff together for the game such as y uniform, shoes, socks, gloves, helmet, instrument and music. The walk from my dorm to the band room is pretty far, so carrying all of that plus 30 Capri-sun's was not enjoyable.

So the busses left at 1:00, and once we got to the stadium, we had practice for about 2 hours. It was a really hot day today, and it is only heightened inside the stadium because the heat bounces off of all of the plastic seats and comes straight out onto the field. After this, we did our "Warrior Walk", and then around 4:30, it was dinner time!

I ate rice and a few bites of this garlic chicken, and that's all that looked appealing to me. There were also really good cookies! :)

At 5:30, we had to get ready for pre-game. We went through that, and it went well. Then the game started, and we were in the lead for most of the first quarter, which was an improvement. However they came back and won. Today we were playing San Jose State.

Our half-time show was the same as last week, Star Wars, and it is such a fun show to perform simply because EVERYONE knows the music to it and the audience enjoy it as much as we do :)

In the end San Jose State won 37-27, but overall it was a good game! Although there were a few bad calls by the ref's referring to points we should have gotten, which I think would have resulted in a different outcome. Oh well!

We then got back on the busses after playing and singing the Alma Mater in the stands, and also playing through the closer once more :)

I'm back in my room now, and I am about to hop into my bed and sleep the night/day away! Hopefully I'll get to sleep in quite a bit in the morning!

Well, I'll talk to you all tomorrow! Nighttt! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment