Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Kūʻē ~ Protest


Hi!

Today wasn’t too exciting, unfortunately.

I woke up and went to my Chemistry Lab at 9:00, which took the entire three hours. Usually our chem lab’s are relatively short, but not today. My partner and I also messed up halfway through, and had to start over, so that didn’t help things. We kind of had to rush. 

We finally finished that though, and then I headed straight to my Chemistry Lecture which was boring, as always. After lecture, Amber and I went and got some lunch from Campus Center, and went back to our room to eat.

I didn’t have class again until 3:00, so I watched some LOST and also worked on my Bio Lab that is due tomorrow.

I had Hawaiian Studies at 3:00, and today was just a class discussion day. There was a protest/riot on campus today that my professor was involved and it was concerning the TMT (Thirty Meter Telescope) that the University plans to build on the summit of Mauna Kea. Mauna Kea is the large volcano on the Big Island of Hawaii, and it is considered sacred to the native Hawaiian People. So we talked about our views on this issue and how we felt it should be dealt with. It was a very interesting discussion, and I learned quite a bit from it.

After class, I was done, so I just came back to my dorm. I researched more into this topic, because I hadn’t heard of it prior to class today, to get a better understanding of what is happening. I then finished up my Bio lab for tomorrow morning, which I am not looking forward to if it is anything like last week...

I also got some dinner, watched two episodes of LOST (I am almost done!), and did this pre-lab assignment for tomorrow also.

Tomorrow is my first day of work, and I’m really looking forward to it! Although it will only be a day of training, I’m excited to begin working and seeing what it is like to have a job! :)

I’m going to get to bed now, because tomorrow from 8:00am-5:15pm, I will be completely booked and barely have any downtime, so I’ve got a busy day ahead of me!

I’ll talk to you all then, and I think that tomorrow’s post might be another one of those posts where I update what is happening at different times throughout the day, instead of all at once at the end of the day, because more times than not, I leave out some aspects of my day.

So I’ll talk to you all then!
Night >3

No comments:

Post a Comment