Friday, October 11, 2013

Moe Awakea ~ To Sleep Late

Another week has passed here in beautiful Hawaii, but today was another pretty typical school day in the life of a college kid.

I had a rough start to my day, but it ended up being a nice day.

Okay, so every Mon./Wed./Fri., I have an 8:30 lecture class, so I wake up at 7:00, and leave my dorm at 8:00. Well this morning, I guess I slept straight through my alarm, because I woke up and could tell it was later than it should be. I checked my phone and it was 7:52. So I jumped out of bed, got dressed and still managed to get out of my room at 7:59.

I'm pretty sure that's a definite record in my books.

Anyway, my lecture was kind of boring, but I did get my score back from our Bio exam from last week, and I got an 84%! I'm pretty happy about that, considering I stayed up until 2:00am the night before, studying for it, and I've never been particularly good at Biology, yet I decided to major in Marine Biology....hmm.

So afterwards, I went back to my dorm to make myself look a little more decent. I went to class this morning with my hair in a braid, a Boston t-shirt, with some athletic shorts and flip-flops(slippers). I'm sure I looked lovely. And even though about 75% of college students look like that on a daily basis, I've really been trying to at least put some thought into my appearance now that I'm in college, unlike high school where I had no care in the world.

So then I had a bit of time until my next lecture, but I wanted to get out of my dorm. So I left my dorm at 11:20 even though my lecture didn't start until 12:30, so that I could just walk as slow as I wanted and take my time without rushing to class. I also talked to my parents during this time, which is always nice.

I'm reeeeaaaalllllyyyyy wishing I was home this weekend. Amber's gone home to visit her family this weekend so I'm alone in my dorm room, friends on FB (back home) are going home to be with family, and unfortunately it isn't that easy for me :(

I don't have a game this weekend, however, so I'm going to go and do stuff! I think I'm going to go to the movies/mall tomorrow afternoon, and then I have to go to the volleyball game tomorrow night. On Sunday, I'm not sure what I'll do, but I'll figure something out! :)

So after my oceanography lecture, I picked up an apple from the farmer's market on campus, and then went back to my room.

I didn't have practice today, thankfully, which means I was done for the night. So I got my homework done, and watched a couple episodes of LOST, ate dinner, tidied up my room a bit, and now I'm off to sleep.

I'm going to get up early and go for a run tomorrow morning, so to make sure I get up for that, I'm going to bed a little bit earlier tonight.

And that's it, I'll talk to you guys tomorrow! :)
Goodnight <3

1 comment:

  1. Yea on your biology exam score! We hope your run Is good and you have a GREAT weekend. Make the weekend all you want it to be. We wish you could come home too, but oh goodness we wish we were there more! Talk to you letter, xoxo

    ReplyDelete