Wednesday, October 23, 2013

ʻŌhelo Papa ~ Strawberry

Today's post is going to be relatively short and to the point, because it was a rather uneventful day. 

I woke up and got ready for my 8:30 Bio lecture, where we are still discussing genes. 

Next was my Bio lab. Now today, we worked individually and did our own experiment, but we still sat at the normal tables. So my three partners excluded me from everything yet again, and never once offered to help me with anything. The three of the just worked together and got everything for one another, but none for me. All
I can say is I am glad we only have a few weeks left of this lab, so I won't have to worry about it again. 

It was interesting today though, because we got to extract DNA from strawberries! I really enjoyed doing that, even though I was annoyed. 

After my lab, I had my Oceanography lecture where we discussed El Niño and it's affects not only here in Hawaii, but also around the world. 

I then worked for only an hour today, from 1:30-2:30 and I had to sort a whole box of papers into chronological order, and began putting labels onto the student files I put together earlier in the week. That hour passed very quickly, and then I went back to my room, changed and had a snack and then headed off to practice. We cleaned a bunch of things concerning drill and then just ran the homecoming show and skit a ton of times. 

It was tiring. And we had to face the synthesis entire time, for some reason. We typically face away from the sun, but today we were facing it straight on. And the sun was already setting so it was in our direct eye path too, and I pretty much couldn't see a thing. 

I was then done for the night. I came to my room, took a nap for about an hour and a half, got some dinner, and then began studying. I have a Chemistry midterm tomorrow morning, and these chapters are pretty confusing. I feel as prepared as possible though, so we'll see!

I'm getting to sleep a little early tonight because I have two and a half hours of work before my exam tomorrow, and need to be sure I'm awake and alert tomorrow. 

I cannot wait to just sleep forever this weekend because I'm absolutely exhausted!

I hope you all are well, talk to you tomorrow! 
Goodnight <3

No comments:

Post a Comment