Monday, October 7, 2013

Peʻahi ~ Fan

Soooo, I woke up this morning, dreading the day ahead of me, which actually ended up being a pretty successful and productive day!

Like I said, I woke up and got ready, and headed off to my Bio lecture at 8:00.

As I was walking, a rainbow appeared out of the sky, and instantly put a smile on my face :) This is something I'll never get tired of! (Here is two different angles of it)




Afterwards, I went to Campus Center to meet up with my lab group so that we could work on our lab for this week. We gave up about halfway through, because the questions didn't make any sense and decided we'd just finish it tomorrow.

I had about an hour to kill before my next lecture, so I stayed in Campus Center and looked more in-depth about the Study Abroad program here, and am highly considering continuing my Marine Biology Studies for a semester (either Fall 2014 or Spring 2015) in Australia! I think it'd be so amazing, and such a great opportunity.

Anyways, once 12:15 came, I headed off to Oceanography! Today we began a new section of the class, which is being taught by the main professor, the old, British one, who is super entertaining and funny! I was definitely more engaged in the lecture than when the other guy was teaching...

Once that was over, I headed back to my dorm. All day I'd been having a sharp little pain in this one spot on the bottom of my foot, but whenever I'd look, I wouldn't see anything. So I took a closer look under my lamp, and what do I find? 

A piece of glass stuck in my foot. 

Remember when I told you I broke that lightbulb the other day? Well I guess I missed a little shard of glass, because there it was. In my foot. I had no idea how to get it out, since I don't have tweezers here, but eventually I got it out with a pair of clippers.

I decided it was time for a little nap, so I took a 45 minute nap before band practice, which felt good.

I then went off to band practice, which was NOT enjoyable today. It was reeeally hot, and I was just not feeling like being out there. It was over pretty quickly though, and then I went back to my room.

One of the girls in my Bio lab group, Kirsten, was going to Walmart, and offered to take me too, because she knows I've been wanting to go so that I can get a bigger fan for my room, since this little one is just not cutting it anymore, and I didn't want to lug a huge fan onto the bus. Awkward.

So we went to Walmart, and I got a fan! It is pretty ugly and kind of loud, but it is very large, and feels so good to not be sweating in my room anymore! So it is worth it <3



Once I got back from Walmart, I set my fan up right away, and knocked out my homework for about 3 hours! My Chemistry lab homework is like impossible, but other than that, I finished everything else! :)

And that's it! Overall, today was a good day, but I'm looking forward to hopefully sleeping through the night, and not waking up feeling like I'm in a sauna! :)

I'll talk to you tomorrow!! Byeee <3





No comments:

Post a Comment