Monday, October 28, 2013

Alo Pākaukau ~ Front Desk

Wow. So even though I took that 4 1/2 hour nap yesterday, I still managed to sleep from 11:00pm until 6:30 this morning! I was so relieved and rested when my alarm went off, because I really needed that sleep.

So as I said, I woke up at 6:30, stayed in bed until 7:00, then got showered and ready for the day, and left for class at 8:00.

Bio was okay today, we are still talking about DNA/RNA and genes.

From 9:30-12:00, I worked! Today was kind of stressful because my supervisor was gone from 9:45 until 11:00, so I was in charge of the front desk. Everything went smoothly, except for the phone situation. The phone rang quite a few times, but I have not been trained on the greeting when I answer, hoe to answer the millions of questions the caller might have, who to direct them to, how to transfer to another office, all of that jazz, so I simply didn't answer the phone. The head of the office came out and was like, "Kylie, hasn't Nichole trained you on the phones?" and I told her no, and she kind of seemed worried maybe. I couldn't really read her emotion, but she was like "Ooookkkayyy, well that needs to happen soon." I felt bad, but I haven't been trained, so there wasn't anything that I could have done differently. 

So while working, I took charge of the front desk and helped everyone who came in and people who had appointments. I also made copies of papers when it was less busy.

Then I had Oceanography from 12:20-1:30 and we talked about waves and how the surf/type of wave is determined based on the shore line, which I didn't know prior to that lecture.

I also worked again from 1:30-2:30 and I just went through this massive stack of papers and had to make sure that certain things were circled and other boxes were checked off.

After, I went and got/ate some lunch from Subway, because I hadn't eaten yet, and then went back to my room to change and get all of my stuff together, before heading off to practice at 3:25.

It was another reeeallly hot day out today, but practice wan't too bad. Although it was hot out, practice seemed to fly by! That's always a plus :) We also had sectionals afterwards until 6:00.

I finally came back to my room and just layed on my bed for about 30 minutes before getting up and  started on my homework. 

I got some dinner around 7:00, and then I just finished up my homework. I had Chemistry Lab homework which took like 3 hours! Boring.

And now I'm done! :)

Oh, I also have two more pictures from the Homecoming game that I'll show you...

This is the whole section

And this is me, Christine (section leader; as the minion), Marisa and Mauri!

So I'm off now, to hopefully get another awesome night of sleep! *fingers crossed*

I'll talk to you tomorrow,
Goodnight <3

No comments:

Post a Comment