Friday, October 25, 2013

Hoʻāuhuli ʻana ~ Revolution

Today was yet another long an exhausting day, but at least it is behind me!

I had to wake up earlier than normal, because I had an advising appointment at 8:00 this morning. We mainly talked about the courses I need to take next semester to stay on track for my major, and to graduate on time.

From 8:30-9:20 was my bio lecture, where we talked about DNA and nucleotides.

I then worked from 9:30-12:00 and I did a bunch of things! I copied papers, hole punched papers, filed papers, input data into a spreadsheet, and also had a job that took 2 hours. It involved hole punching files and inserting a double-pronged fastener to them, then putting labels onto those files, and then transferring all of the papers from the temporary files, to the ones that I was making, which are the permanent files. This literally took 2 hours, and I was getting antsy by the end of it.

At 12:00, I hadn't eaten, so I walked to Jamba Juice and got a smoothie and a toasted bistro sandwich, which I ate in my 12:30-1:20 lecture, Oceanography.

Today's lecture was all about waves and navigation.

From 1:30-2:30, I worked another hour, but it was much slower paced and I just looked over some data to make sure it was correct in the database.

I then had to go back to my dorm to change for practice, and decided to call and talk to my mom. She was at my high school's football game, with my dad and brother, to see how the band is this year, and she happened to be saying hi to a group of my friends. I got to talk to them all for a minute or two, which was nice, although I apologize for the way I sounded, I'm absolutely drained mentally and physically and it probably reflects in my voice and makes me sound uninterested or bored. I really miss them and everyone back home though :(

I was sooo tempted to crawl into bed and just sleep, but I knew that if I tried to nap, I would not have the willpower to actually get back out of bed and go to practice, especially since it was in half an hour. So I got all of my things ready for practice, listened to upbeat music, and then left for practice at 3:25.

We were facing the sun again, but it wasn't as bad because there were occasional clouds blocking it.

At practice, we just ran the show and the different parts about 5 times, and that was it.

I'm not sure if this show is going to be an awesome one. It sounds pretty good, but being on the field, it just seems very unorganized and kind of patchy. For some reason things don't feel like they fit together well. I guess we will find out tomorrow!

I am excited for the game tomorrow, because I mean, it is our homecoming game! I'm just a tad worried that we will lose the game.....

It will be fun though! I'm excited to see all of the costumes we show up in! :)

After practice, I got dinner and then came back to my room. I had to paint my crown for my costume, and I also put the whole thing on, and I think it looks good! Hopefully people will know what I am....(:

I also started watching the show Revolution, which is good so far! (I've only watched the pilot though, so.....we'll see how the rest of it is!)

And that's it!
I am actually about to fall asleep as I am typing this, and I need to get as much sleep as possible tonight since tomorrow will be another long and draining day! That seems to be the trend lately...

So I'll talk to you all tomorrow night!
Goodnight <3

No comments:

Post a Comment