Thursday, October 17, 2013

Kūpau ~ Finished

Alrightt, so I know that I planned to get up and run this morning, and I did get up, however it was drizzling outside, so I didn't go in the morning. BUT I made up for it and did end up going for a run in the afternoon :)

So as I said, I woke up to run, but since it was drizzling, I slept for about 45 more minutes before I had to get up and ready for the day.

I officially began working today, woo! On Thursdays I do not have class until 12:00, so I went in to the Nursing Department at 9:00, and today was mostly a training day. So my supervisor, Nichole, took me on a tour of the entire building, and there is even a simulation floor that looks and operates exactly like a hospital with test dummies that give birth, that stop breathing, babies who are crying, babies whose mouths turn blue and things like that for the nursing students to practice and be tested on. It is honestly really impressive and so cool! 

I also met all of the people in our office as well as the dean's office and everywhere in between. I was meeting people left and right. The names will take a while to remember. So then she just trained me and basically told me what I'd be doing and where everything was located in the offices. I was then set to do my first project! I had to file a bunch of papers into current student folders, which I enjoyed. It is peaceful to get away from the rowdy/loud college kids and just keep to yourself but also be busy instead of bored like I always am! 

I got off at 11:30, and went to campus center to get a smoothie from Jamba Juice, because I hadn't eaten yet. I got there and the line was really long, but I made it to class at 11:58, two minutes to spare. Luckily there were still seats available. 

So this class was Chemistry, and as always he read the powerpoint word for word, and I almost fell asleep. After we got out, I went over to the Nursing department to work for another hour from 1:30-2:30. In this time, I completed the last few files left over from before, and also ran the mail up to the mail room. I met the other student workers who are both seniors, and they are really nice. Everyone in the entire department seems really nice, and I'm glad. I was worried I'd be working with a bunch of grouchy people, but they're all very friendly :)

At 2:30, I had to go to the campus shuttle stop to catch the Hawaiian Studies Express Shuttle, because if I had to walk all the way, I wouldn't have made it on time. Luckily I only waited for about 5 minutes before it came.  

Hawaiian Studies was fun today! We first had a short class discussion about observing Hawaiian Culture in everyday life, and then we took a little walk down to the Manoa Stream and saw how the Kalo plant is grown and learned all about the irrigation system down there, which was really cool. Except for the extensive use of Hawaiian words our professor used that I didn't understand....

After class, I finally got back to my dorm at 4:30 for the first time since 8:20 this morning. I was tired. Before I rested and became too lazy, I got changed and went for a 30 minute run like I promised! When I got back, I lied down and watched an episode of LOST. I then got some dinner around 6:30, and I had already finished all of my homework for tomorrow, so I just watched LOST for the rest of the night...

...AND I FINALLY FINISHED THE SHOW.

Wow.

That was literally all I could think when it was over. There were so many questions and thoughts going through my mind, I didn't even know what to think. I have theories but there was so much left unanswered. I'm going to have to take a day or two to process everything, but wow.

The ending, actually the last few episodes, were so powerful and I cried at the end. :(

Nevertheless, it is one amazingly written show and I absolutely love it. I'm sure I'll watch it again because it is such a complex show that I feel like no matter how many times you watch it, you'll always find something new. 

It is now 9:57, I'm tired, overwhelmed by that show (lol) and I'm ready for bed.
So I hope you enjoyed my day, and I'll talk to you tomorroww...Friday! :D

Goodnight <3

No comments:

Post a Comment