Friday, October 4, 2013

ʻOihana ~ Job!

This has been one nice Friday here in paradise! :)

For starters, it is Friday, which is ALWAYS a great thing.

Now, after getting to sleep soooo late last night, and waking up at 6:00, I was absolutely exhausted this morning, but had a busy day ahead of me, so I simply had to push through the desire to crawl back into bed and sleeep forever!

I had my Biology midterm this morning at 8:30, and all of that studying last night payed off! I feel like the exam went really well, and I'm excited to find out my score. 

At 10:00, I had a job interview. It is a student/office assistant position in the Student Services office of the Nursing Program. I got there about 15 minutes early, and then had the interview.

Aaaaaaandd.....I got the job!! :D She told me right there at the end of the interview that she thought I'd be a great fit, and offered me the position! I am so happy and relieved that I have that secured. The lady who hired me is super nice, and I feel like I am going to really enjoy it. A large weight has been lifted off of my shoulders because of this :)

I had a little over an hour until my next exam, so I went to Campus Center and got a bagel, but there were absolutely NO empty tables anywhere I looked. So I found a bench in a secluded area outside of the Art building, where I reviewed a few last minute details for the exam. 

I had the exam, which was Oceanography, at 12:30, which also, went really well! I feel pretty confident about both midterms today!

After, I came back to my dorm, and just got on my bed and did nothing, except for eat my bagel and talk to my family a little. 

Unfortunately, at 3:20, I had to head off to band practice, which was alright. It was pretty hot out today, but we had a small rain shower during it, and yet another rainbow. I seem to see a rainbow almost everyday, and it puts a smile on my face :)

After practice, I got some dinner, and then came up to my room. I received a package from my parents. I opened the package, and literally laughed out loud! This is what was inside...

About a billion Crystal Light packets...

And a ton of peanut butter!


Along with these, were HUGE bottles of shampoo and conditioner, some halloween decorations, some goldfish, some chocolate <3, and also a recent picture of my little brother in his soccer uniform. :) Funny story about the chocolate though, inside was a bag of mini Reece's, and since they are not individually wrapped, all of the chocolate has melted into one large block of chocolate.peanut butter. I put it in the fridge however, and hopefully I'll find some way to eat them, because I LOVE Reece's. <3

I loved my package, and honestly have the best and most thoughful parents/family ever! I love them sooo much and am so thankful for everything they do :) <3

After I got all of this put away, I pulled my vacuum cleaner out its box for the first time, and vacuumed the room, because I feel like it was just needed. Then, I was moving my lamp, and the lightbulb fell out and shattered everywhere. Right after my vacuuming :(

Unfortunately I do not have a broom, so I borrowed one from a girl down the hall, and cleaned up the mess.

I am now completely brain dead, and desperate for some quality sleep! 

So I'm going to go now!

I've had a great day, despite the lack of sleep last night, and I hope tomorrow doesn't let me down! :) It is a game day tomorrow.

I'll talk to you then!

Goodnight <3



No comments:

Post a Comment