Monday, October 21, 2013

ʻAʻahu ~ Costume

Wow, today was one jam-packed day!
I was gone from 8:00am until 10:00pm.

I woke up at 6:30, got ready and left for class at 8:00. We had a second lecture about genes in my Bio lecture.

I worked from 9:30-12:00. During this time, I entered student information into an online spreadsheet, I then had to take all of those papers out of the folders and shred them. Next, I made 112 copies of some advising forms and hole punch them with a 2-hole punch, and had to make 112 new student files using those papers along with the certain tabs that go into each folder. 

Can we just take a minute to admire the beauty in these mountains?
This is what I get to look at each day, this is taken outside of the Nursing Building, on the 4th floor balcony. <3



Mind you, these are not normal files where the papers are just slipped in, they are the folders with the two really long metal prongs at the top. And, when you need to put something in a certain spot in the folder, you must take everything about it out, and yeah. It gets kind of tiring opening and closing a trillion metal prongs. But it went well overall :)

I then had Oceanography from 12:00-1:20, and then went back to work from 1:30-2:30. During this hour, I changed some information on these papers and also helped a few students coming in and out for advising.

At 2:30, I left work and headed back to my dorm. I got there, had a snack and got changed for band practice. It was super gloomy outside, with dark clouds surrounding us, however it didn't rain, but the sun was blocked, so we stayed cool. Today we went over marching and music, and then we learned the Time Warp dance from the Rocky Horror Picture Show, because that is one of the tunes that we are playing for the homecoming show this weekend.

Practice ended at 5:15, and afterwards, Marisa, Nathan, Raquel and I were talking about what we were going to dress up as for the homecoming show. This year's theme is Futuristic. So first they wanted to be Doctor Who characters, then they wanted to be characters from the Rocky Horror Picture Show, but they ended up finally deciding on being characters from the animated show, Adventure Time....

Now I can't really complain, because it isn't like I had any better ideas, but this one seems a bit weird. Supposedly the show is set in a post-apocolyptic time period, so I guess it is technically "futuristic"...but yeah. So I am Princess Bubblegum, here she is...



So we decided to go shopping for out costumes now.

First we stopped off at the bank so Marisa could get money out, and then we headed off to the mall.

As we were driving, the sun was setting, and I took this pretty picture with the silhouettes of the palm trees, I love it.



We went to Hot Topic, where Nathan found his stuff, and then we went to the food court to get some food. They all made fun of me for getting a smoothie and sandwich from Jamba Juice when there is such a large variety at the food court. They aren't used to this though like everyone back home, and I also wanted to be healthy! So I'm glad I went for the healthy option :)

After little success at the mall, we went to Walmart, and Raquel, Marisa and I found our outfits there. 

So Princess Bubblegum is a scientist, so I bought pink leggings, and pick shirt, a crown and washable pink hairspray and then I am just going to wear my lab coat that I use for Biology. :)

Nathan is being Finn, Marisa is the Lumpy Space Princess, and Raquel is Marceline, the vampire.

After we finally got our costumes, it was 9:30, and so Nathan dropped us back off at the dorms, and we went our separate ways!

I think the outfits will look good :)

So I got back to my dorm at 10:00, and since I had only been in my room once today for about 20 minutes, I hadn't done my homework yet, so I've just completed that, and not I'm ready to get some sleep because I am exhausted!

I hope you enjoyed, and I'll definitely put pictures of our outfits up here in Saturday night's post.
I'll talk to you all tomorrow
Goodnight! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment