Wednesday, October 9, 2013

ʻŌpiopio ~ Immature


Well, today has actually been pretty awful.

I woke up and was fine, then went to my Biology lecture at 8:30. All was well, and it was then time for my Bio Lab.

This is where my day took a complete turn for the worst.

I am not going to go into detail, just because it will be very hard to explain on here and I honestly don’t want to think about all of the details again. Basically what happened, is that my Lab group, whom I’ve never had problems with before, were treating me awful in lab today. Accusing me of doing the experiment wrong(which I was in fact doing 100% correct), they were talking to me as if I was a 3 year old, laughing, mocking everything I’d say and were talking about me IN FRONT OF MY FACE as if I wasn’t even there.

Like really? Are you THAT immature? We’re in college now. Grow up. I’ve also been excluded from the study sessions, meaning that I have to finish these extremely difficult lab follow-up questions by myself, how wonderful. I have absolutely no clue why this happened. I've done nothing but help them, and be nice to them.

I’m not sure what I am going to so about this situation, but let’s just say that I’m thankful we got out of lab early so I could get out of there and clear my head before my next lecture.

I had an hour until my Oceanography lecture, so I just sat outside of my lecture hall in the shade, and relaxed. I listened to some calming music and began pondering about some current things in my life. It helped a bit, but I was still pretty angry with the way I had been treated for absolutely no reason. 

I also took this nice picture of one species of this plant that is all over the campus...



My Oceanography lecture was good we talked about vents on the ocean floor. After, I went back to my dorm. 

There is so much going on right now, that my mind is so jumbled up. I’m stressed out about school, angered by today’s events, homesick, tired, and just feeling kind of lousy and sad lately. 

Practice didn’t start until 3:45, so I decided I could use a nap to just forget everything for a while. 

I slept for about an hour, but then I had to get up and head off to practice.

Now, about 40 students in the band left for Vegas today, because the football game on Friday is UH vs. UNLV, so since we couldn’t take the whole band, only a pep band went. They left today, and since both directors are there as well, practice was lead by the grad assistant in the band room today. We just ran through the music, made some adjustments, and also recorded the music for the color guard. We got out about 30 minutes early, which is always a plus!

On my way back, I talked to my dad and mom about everything that’s been going on, and they just listened to me. Which was nice. Usually our conversations are somewhat short, just to catch up, but today we talked for a long time, and they helped me figure out some issues and how to solve them. :)

After I got off the phone, my roommate had heard some of the conversation, and she asked and made sure I was okay, and then we also had a nice conversation where she tried to help out as well. :) 

Around 6:00, I went and got some dinner from the cafe that I brought back up to my room and watched LOST while I ate. I was not in the mood to deal with more immature, obnoxious college kids today.

After eating, I did my online Bio lab homework, which my lab partners also met up tonight to work on together, without including me. Thanks. I also cleaned up a few things in my room like my desk drawers and the top of my desk.

Aaaand, that’s it for tonight.

It is now 9:06, nice and early. I’m going to try and get a good night’s sleep tonight, push through this, and hope for a better day tomorrow. I don’t have class until noon, so I’ll most likely get lots of rest tonight, which I definitely need. 

Thanks for reading.
I’ll talk to you tomorrow!
Goodnight! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment